Time to Panic? Will Omicron Threaten Our Healthy 2022?
Dear Longevity Insider,
Anil Bajnath MD here with your Monday roundup.
Let’s address the pink elephant in the room today. The omicron variant of the coronavirus has been the center of attention lately. So here is what scientists and researchers have said so far:
- The omicron variant grows 70 times faster than the delta variant in bronchial tissue.
- Pfizer’s vaccine (two doses) is only 70% effective against the omicron variant.
- NIH Director Francis Collins warns the U.S. could see 1 million cases a day.
How does this make you feel? Does it send you into a little anxiety and panic? Or do you just turn off the news and ignore it?
I’m very protective over my Longevity Insider HQ Family. (That includes you!) So that means we have to talk about the things perhaps we would prefer to turn a blind eye to.
Is It Officially Time to Freak Out?
Before you do anything else: keep calm. When someone in authority tells you that you’re not protected from something that could harm you (or your loved ones) very badly, the first natural instinct is to panic!
I’m not here to tell you what you should do about getting or not getting the vaccine.
What I do want to do is a mental health check-in with you all. Part of having a strong physical body is having a tough mind. A sick mind can negatively impact the nervous system, weakening the immune system, and weakening the overall body.
So here are a few things I like to do to keep myself strong during these times:
- Drink plenty of water. (This can help with focus.)
- Exercise regularly. (Brazilian jiu-jitsu is my #1 choice!)
- Get some fresh air. (Being in nature can do wonders for your mental health.)
- Fuel your body with nutrients. (I love this green plant!)
- Keep a healthy body weight. (This helps me burn up to 460/calories a day.)
- Get a good night’s rest. (This knocks me out in seconds.)
No matter what life throws at us, we have a responsibility to make sure we are doing everything in our power to invest in our own health. To your longevity, Anil Bajnath MD
And it is my life’s mission to give you intel and tools so that you can make the most-informed decisions for your health and longevity.
Have a safe, happy, and healthy holiday week!
CEO/Founder, Institute for Human Optimization
Chief Medical Officer, Longevity Insider HQ
To your longevity,
Anil Bajnath MD